Sunday, June 30, 2013

Chapt 21 blog

I am in the Disneyland hotel and I just finished reading my chapters as my girls are sleeping as I have exhausted them so blog time begins! I am in the happiest place on earth until I read my history... I decided to blog about Chapt 21 because I really never realized how how the United States came into power.  I briefly recall history in high school but didn't care for it then so didn't really pay attention.  Am I to be thankful that these horrible wars happened?  It seems that is how we became a super power.  First, for me, it only seems right that I thank all those who have died in those terrible wars and events that took place that enabled the United States to be where we are today.  Yes, I understand they are all dead but they are  the events that took place and they were so horrific the stain they left will never go away.  Unfortunately, Germany was a prominate figure in both world wars.  A lot of blood shed and so many lives lost.  The Holocost being one of the horrific outcomes of the wars is remembered until this day and I am sure the Jewish people will never forget what happened to their people.  I don't think anyone will forget what happened.  War is so ugly.  The struggle for power is an evil fact of life and brings out the worst in any nation or person.  As I was reading about the depression and how horrible life was for everyone and they started talking about Hitler and how he was turning Germany around and turning the spirits of the people around, I realized, that is how he was probably able to get the people to do the horrible things he wanted them to do.  People were struggling and in desperate times, looking for hope.  He was a solution.  He gave them hope and started to train them into thinking as he did.  The people were thankful to him and did not want to go back to the depression life and the way it was so they probably felt they had no choice.  I was not alive then but I can only imagine that is what happened and why anyone would even consider hurting another human being.  Watching people being carted off to gas chambers is unthinkable. It breaks my heart to even think about it now.  Those poor Jewish people.... Mothers having to watch their children.  Horrific.  As I said, horrible events allowed the United States to become a super power. I could blog on for hours about all the events but I wanted to mention that and I wanted to mention that I am grateful for that we have the United Nations.  I would rather have a more peaceful solution and nations trying to decide things in a peaceful way rather than nations destroying each other. I know it does not work for all nations but I am thankful the U.S. is part of the U.N.  I hope it helps us avoid war.  I am thankful we are a super power because I live the life I live.  As much as Germany, Japan and Russia took a giant hit through those wars, they may have suffered but they recovered and are still economically sound today.  After all that and they still stand? That's a superpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment